Ion Flux is a leader and innovator in the clinical genomics space. We have an opportunity open to build state-of-the-art applications in the clinical/biotech/informatics space from the ground up.
We want to hire a talented Bioinformatician to lead our population-scale genome annotation efforts. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great products on cutting edge technology.
- You hold a Master’s or Doctorate degree in a genomics-related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- You have expert knowledge of biological information hierarchy and data structures: genomes, exomes, etc.
- You have expert knowledge of how to construct and query biological databases.
- You have working knowledge of computing data structures and algorithms: O() notation, trees, heaps, etc.
- You have working knowledge of descriptive statistics.
- You have working knowledge of at least two common bioinformatics programming languages: R, Java, C, C++, Perl, Python.
- You have a high level of fluency in written English.
- Mirror and maintain local copies of public biological databases and data repositories.
- Build and maintain software and databases for integrating public and proprietary data.
- Design and implement new methods for annotating human genome variation.
- Collaborate with science team to ensure annotation methods are aligned with business goals.
- Collaborate with engineering team to ensure method and database designs are implementable at large scale.
- This is a senior position, but can be scaled down to junior or internship for a highly-qualified applicant. We’re looking for someone who knows how to get things done well, fast, and within budget.
- Location: Los Angeles or Beijing.