Ion Flux is a leader and innovator in the clinical genomics space. We have an opportunity open to build state-of-the-art applications in the clinical/biotech/informatics space from the ground up.
We want to hire a talented Bioinformatician to lead our population-scale genome and population analysis efforts. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great products on cutting edge technology.
- You hold a Master’s or Doctorate degree in a computer science or biostatistics-related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- You have expert knowledge in designing experiments on highly-dimensional, complex data structures.
- You have expert knowledge of data mining/machine learning algorithms and techniques.
- You have expert knowledge of distributed data structures, distributed computing, and algorithm complexity.
- You have working knowledge of biological/clinical/pharmacological data structures, databases, and ontologies.
- You have working knowledge of systems and statistical programming languages: R/S, Java, C, C++.
- You have a high level of fluency in written English.
- Design and implement new methods for analyzing (100K+) populations of human genomes.
- Translate cutting-edge data analysis techniques methods into software suitable for commercialization.
- Model and simulate analysis of human disease at population (100K+) scale.
- Collaborate with business team to ensure methods and experiments are aligned with business objectives.
- Collaborate with science and operations teams to ensure data sets are optimally and accurately studied.
- Collaborate with engineering team to ensure techniques are implementable at large scale.
- This is a senior position. We’re looking for someone who knows how to get things done well, fast, and within budget.
- Location: Los Angeles or Beijing.